SERENITY....no matter what!

SERENITY....no matter what!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

July 29, 2012

Sometimes its not fun to work on the weekends, but there are days like this where I don't mind being there all day, slowly doing cases. I get to do one patient at a time, no rush, no stress, with lots of down-time in between cases. Plus every one of my patients were nice and I went out of my way to make sure they were well-treated and comfortable. That makes me feel good!

But most of all I am grateful that it was not ME on that side of the stretcher. Hey, accidents happen. People get sick. Every day above ground AND healthy is a joyous day. Just ask anyone who's sick.

Today I count my blessings:

1. I am grateful for a good night's rest, no calls to return to work in the middle of the night and a full day's work put in.

2.  I am grateful for the opportunity to serve a higher power through my hands and my skills.

3.  I am grateful for the opportunity to help another human being in need.

4.  I am grateful for the health of my child, my extended family and my friends, as well as my own.

5.  I am very grateful for my serenity today and the lack of fear as I make my journey through this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment